Eastern Volunteers a leading community transport service in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne who is looking for a caring and patient individual that has an LR licence and driving experience to assist frail and disabled community members.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Drive all of the company vehicles in a safe and respectful manner
- Complete safety checks and daily run sheets as required
- Assist clients with safe and comfortable travel to and from their destinations
- Be punctual and make sure to arrive on time
- Go the extra mile to ensure each commuter has a great experience
Requirements for the role:
- You hold a current Light Rigid or higher License and have recent driving experience in either Commuters, Coasters or Buses.
- You hold a current Working with Children’s Check (or able to get one prior to commencement)
- You have experience / lived experience with older people in the community (Aged Care Sector, Health Sector, Disability Services or Tourism Sector).
- You have a pleasant disposition and good communication skills.
- You are willing and able to work as a member of a team.
- You have passed a Criminal Clearance Record Check. (This will be sent to you for completion)
- You have clean driving record (proven through VicRoads Driver history Report)
What you will receive:
- Full time hours (38 per week)
- 6 month contract
- Pay rate of $25.31 per hour
- Rostered hours between 7am and 6pm (minimum of 4 hours per shift)
- An amazing working environment and friendly staff
If this sounds like you and you are looking for a job to help members of the community then please APPLY NOW!
Manager, Transport Operations
Ph 03 9870 7822, Extension 112