VCTA Notice of AGM and Special Resolutions
1. NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
NOTICE is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Victorian Community Transport Association Inc. will be held:
Date: Thursday, 17 October 2019
Time: 8.30 am
Venue: Spring Hill Estate, Lancefield
To conduct the following business:
1. Confirm minutes of the previous meeting
2. Receive and consider the President’s report
3. Receive and consider the financial statements of the VCTA for the financial year ended 30 June 2018
4. Receive and consider the audit report
5. Appoint as auditor for the 2019 – 2020 period
6. Election of members to the committee
7. Discussion and setting of membership fees for the 2020 – 2021 period
2. NOTICE OF SPECIAL RESOLUTIONS
NOTICE is hereby given in accordance with section 39 of the Constitution, that at this AGM, it is intended that the following motions be proposed as special resolutions.
1. That we change the name of Victorian Community Transport Association Incorporated to VICTAS Community Transport Association Incorporated.
The purpose of this name change is to acknowledge and incorporate Tasmania into the peak body for community transport.
2. That the current Constitution be repealed and the proposed new Constitution attached to the notice of the meeting of the members of the VCTA Inc. (see link below) be adopted as the new Constitution for VICTAS Community Transport Association Inc.
The committee is proposing to amend the Constitution to:
• Insert the new name of the association
• Incorporate Tasmania into the new Constitution
• Change the purpose of the association which is a precursor to procuring Charity and Public Benevolent status. This status will widen the vital access to future philanthropic funds and complement the ability to engage in better employment practices
• Reflect current practice for gender inclusive language
• Increase Quorum at AGM from 10% to 25% of members entitled to vote
A REMINDER THAT ONLY FINANCIALLY PAID MEMBERS CAN VOTE AT THE MEETING
Under the Constitution section 39 a special resolution is required to change the Constitution or any of the purposes of the association and needs not less than 75% of the members voting at a general meeting in person or by proxy vote in favour of the resolution.
3. PROXY VOTING FORM
If you are unable to attend the AGM you may cast your vote on the above special resolution by appointing a proxy to vote on your behalf. A proxy must be a Member who is entitled in their own right to vote at a general meeting of the association. Fill out the proxy form following the link below and submit by email email@example.com
Please notify us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are an apology at the meeting.
4. COMMITTEE MEMBERS
If you would like to nominate to become a committee member please fill out the form following the link below and return by email.